This creamy and sweet Oreo fluff is a super easy no bake dessert dip that you are going to love. This delicious fluff only needs 4 simple ingredients and 10 minutes of mixing to get ready to snack on.
Oreo fluff is a creamy, smooth and chocolate filled dessert dip. It is a mixture of crushed Oreos, Whipped Topping, Milk and Vanilla Pudding. It tastes like fluffy cookies and cream.
It is great for using with dippers like cookies or fruit. But, you can also enjoy this dessert salad by the spoonful.
With only 4 ingredients, you can mix this up in no time. It's creamy and rich flavor makes it great for serving at parties and celebrations. But, with how quick and easy it is, it works well for a sweet afternoon or late night snack as well.
🧁Why To Try This Recipe
Fast & Easy - you seriously only need 10 minutes to make this recipe. Just dump everything in a bowl and mix it together.
Only 4 ingredients - it only takes 4 really simple ingredients. And, you probably have a few in your kitchen already.
Make it for a crowd - you can easily make this for a crowd by double or tripling the ingredients. And it is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cup
- Large Spoon or spatula
- Ziplock bag
- Whipped topping - thawed
- Crushed Oreos
- Milk - any type is fine; we like to use reduced fat.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding
See recipe card for quantities.
📖Substitutions & Variations
There are a few easy ways to change up the flavor and to substitute ingredients in this fluff. Check out these ideas.
- Use Flavored Oreos - easily change up the flavor by substituting regular Oreos for flavored ones like Mint, Chocolate Hazelnut or Toffee Crunch just to name a few.
- Change up the pudding - instead of vanilla pudding use any flavor you like. Chocolate or even cookies and cream are great options.
- Go light on sugar - use sugar free whipped topping and sugar free pudding to have a lighter dessert.
- Add cream cheese - add 4 - 8 oz of cream cheese for an even creamier and slightly thicker dip.
- Make it a pie - pour this into a graham cracker or oreo crust to use it as a pie filling.
- Toss in marshmallows or marshmallow fluff - mix in mini marshmallows or 4 oz of marshmallow fluff for a sweet marshmallow flavor.
Use these easy step-by-step directions to whip up a delicious batch of this Oreo fluff salad in just a few minutes.
Step one: Pour instant vanilla pudding into mixing bowl.
Step two: Add milk into the mixing bowl with the pudding mix. Then, use a whisk to mix them together.
Step three: Fold in the thawed whipped topping with the vanilla pudding.
Step four: Add the crushed Oreos to the mixing bowl and fold them into the mixture.
Hint: to crush the Oreos you can use a food processor or you can do it by hand. To do it by hand, place them in a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin or handle of a wooden spoon to crush them up.
⭐Recipe Tips for Success
- Whisk the pudding - make sure to whisk the pudding instead of stirring it. This helps to ensure it is a nice creamy texture and isn't too thin.
- Allow pudding to set - give the pudding a few minutes to thicken and set before adding in the whipped topping.
- Thaw the whipped topping - let the whipped topping thaw a little before using it, this allows it to be mixed in easier. A few hours in the fridge or 60 minutes at room temperature will do it.
- Fold in the topping and Oreos - to keep the fluffy pudding texture fold the whipped topping and Oreos in instead of mixing them.
- Leave the Oreos chunky - you don't want to crush the Oreos too finely. Having chunks of cookies is part of the awesome flavor and texture of this fluff.
You can make this fluff ahead if you want. It can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 - 5 days.
You can also freeze this fluff in an airtight container for up to 3 months. You can eat it frozen like ice cream or a popsicle and it is quite tasty. Or, you can defrost in the fridge overnight. Do note, after defrosting the texture can be a little runny as the ingredients separate a little.
Oreo fluff is made of crushed Oreos, whipped topping, milk and Instant Vanilla Pudding.
You can use cool whip or any other brand of whipped topping. Don't use spray can or homemade whipped cream.
Oreo fluff can be thin and runny if you use regular pudding (not instant), add too much milk, use homemade whipped cream or over mix the ingredients.
🍴What to Serve with this Dip
- Apple Slices
- Animal Crackers
- Nutter Butters
- Large mixing bowl
- Spatula or Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Ziplock Bag
- 3.4 oz Vanilla Pudding
- 1 cup Milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 20 Crushed Oreos
- Add 3.4 oz of Instant vanilla pudding mix to the mixing bowl.
- Pour 1 cup of milk into the bowl with the pudding mixture.
- Whisk the pudding together. Set it aside for a few minutes to thicken and set.
- Scoop 8 oz of thawed whipped topping into the bowl with the pudding.
- Carefully fold the whipped topping together with the pudding until well combined.
- Place 20 Oreos into a ziplock bag. Use a rolling pin or handle of a spoon to crush them.
- Pour the crushed Oreos into the mixing bowl and fold everything together.
- Scoop the fluff into a serving bowl and sprinkle the top with leftover Oreo crumbs.
- Use flavored Oreos - switch up the flavor by using different flavored Oreos like mint, toffee crunch or birthday cake.
- Change pudding flavors - instead of vanilla pudding use chocolate, white chocolate or cookies and cream.
- Go low sugar - decrease the sugar by using sugar free Oreos, whipped topping and pudding.
- Add cream cheese - make it thicker and creamier by adding 4 - 8 oz of cream cheese.
- Make the pudding right - to get the right texture make sure to whisk the pudding (not stir it). You also want to let it set and thicken for a few minutes before mixing in the other ingredients.
- Thaw the whipped topping - for ease of mixing, make sure whipped topping is thawed before using it. Sit it out at room temperature for 60 minutes, or in the fridge for a few hours.
- Keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 - 5 days. This means you can make this ahead of serving it if you want.
- You an freeze it in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Eat as a frozen treat. Or, defrost in the fridge overnight.