What could be better than getting the entire family together, sitting on the couch for a nice family movie night and enjoying some delicious Scooby-Doo Rice Krispie Treats?
How to make Scooby-Doo Rice Krispie Treats
We thought with a brand new Scooby-Doo movie coming out kids would love to have some Scooby-Doo Rice Krispie Treats. This project will be fun for the entire family to enjoy.
Scooby-Doo is really one of those cartoons and characters that spans generations. Parents and kids alike can bond and enjoy one character that they've seen their entire lives. What better way to bond than over a delicious (Scooby?) snack?
Use your spatula to stir the marshmallows around in the butter until everything is completely melted. You should have a large blob of white buttery goo. It is much tastier than it sounds, I promise. If you want to speed things up, you can try out our Microwave Rice Krispie Treats and skip to step 2.
Reduce your heat to low or medium-low. You want to lower the heat because you do not want your marshmallows to get too hot for too long. If they get too hot too long, they will start to become rigid and really difficult to stir later on in the process.
Pour six measured cups of Rice Krispies cereal into the marshmallow butter mix. Stir everything together until the Rice Krispies are completely coated in marshmallow and you have the beginnings of a Rice Krispie Treat ball.
Use your spatula to scoop your rice crispy treat mixed into the bottom of the pan and smoosh the Rice Krispie Treats into the bottom until everything is completely flat. Now set to the side and allow to cool.
Once your Rice Krispie Treats have cooled sufficiently you will want to get out your German Chocolate cake icing.
You can use a butter knife or an icing knife to spread it across the top completely. Next, you want to take black icing, or you can even use pieces of Oreo Cookie to recreate Scooby-Doo's spots. Check out the picture below for some ideas and inspiration.
Finally, take out a sharp knife. Cut into several squares and serve to the entire family over a nice movie.
Scooby-Doo Rice Krispie Treats
- 9x13 Pan
- large stock pot
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies
- 3 tablespoon Salted Butter
- 16 oz Marshmallows
- 1 tube black icing or edible writing gel
- 1 container German Chocolate Cake icing
- Add the butter & marshmallows in a bowl and melt them together. This can be done in the microwave or on the stove top.
- add in Rice Krispies and mix thoroughly
- Thoroughly and evenly mix the marshmallows and Rice Krispies together.
- Spread the mixture into a greased pan with a greased spatula.
- Allow mixture to cool (about 30 minutes)
- spread German Chocolate Cake icing across entire top
- Use black icing or edible writing gel to make Scoobys spots
- cut into squares and enjoy your Scooby snacks!