How to Make Rice Crispy Treats may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you love sugar and cinnamon then you have to give these Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars a try. This sugary breakfast cereal mixes perfectly with sticky marshmallows to make treats that are perfect for dessert and snacking anytime.
How to make Cinnamon Toast Crunch Treats
Cinnamon Toast Crunch treats are easy, no bake snacks that use only four three ingredients. They taste pretty much just like Cinnamon Toast crunch with an extra zap of sugar added in from the marshmallows.
If you love the cinnamon sugar flavor, this Cinnamon Toast Crunch cake looks pretty good too
These bars are perfect for a quick dessert, a mid day snack, or a bonus treat in your kid’s lunch box.
The classic cinnamon sugar is a can’t beat flavor. However, this cereal does come in a few varieties. So, if you want to mix it up a little bit, try these variations out:
- Dulce de Leche Toast Crunch
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churros
- French Toast Crunch
- Cinna-Graham Toast Crunch
- Chocolate Toast Crunch
- 6 Cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
- 16 oz of Jet Puff Marshmallows
- 4 Tbs Salted Butter
- (optional) non-stick canola oil spray
These treats are so easy to whip up, they can be ready in 15 minutes or less. If you know how to make regular rice krispie treats, then you’ll find these so easy – just change out the cereal.
Grab your butter or non-stick cooking spray and get your utensils all pre-greased. Make sure to grease your pan, spatula and bowl.
Set your stove top to low or medium heat. Using a large stock pot, melt 4 tablespoons of butter. This will take a few minutes.
Once your butter has melted, pour in a 10 oz of marshmallows. As the marshmallows melt, you will want to stir them in with the melted butter.
As soon as your marshmallows are melted, remove the mixture from the heat. Be careful not to keep the marshmallows hot for too long. They can become stiff and difficult to mix later.
Can you make them in the microwave? Yes, you can make these treats in the microwave. Follow all the same steps below, but instead of doing the heating on the stove as described above follow these steps:
- Toss your 4 tbs of butter and 10 oz of marshmallows into a microwave safe dish
- Heat for 30 – 60 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir well, but fast.
- Pop back into the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between until well melted.
- This is much faster that stovetop and usually only takes a minute or two.
After removing from the heat, pour in 6 cups of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. You will want to stir the mix while pouring the Cinnamon Toast Crunch into the batch.
Take your mix and pour it into the 9×13 pan. Use a greased spatula to spread the mix evenly throughout the pan.
Leave the pan for a bit so your Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars can cool. This usually takes about 30 minutes. Sometimes, I will put the batch in my fridge or freezer to speed the process up a little bit – just be careful if you do to check frequently because if you leave them in too long they become hard.
Get a sharp knife and cut into even squares. It makes about 16 total bars. Serve them up and enjoy!
- Store fresh treats in an air tight container
- They stay good for several days.
- Leave them at room temperature. If you place them in the fridge, they are still fine to eat, but may become hard.
- Double the recipe and make two full batches. Then you can consider freezing Rice Krispie Treats for later.
- Work Quickly: When you are stirring your cereal in and then pressing your mixture into the pan, do it as quickly as possible. The longer it takes, the more the marshmallows cool and they start to get stiff and more difficult to work with.
- Don’t overheat: If you overheat your marshmallows either by heating too long or too hot, they will be really stiff when cooled and your treats will be hard.
- Use brand name, fresh marshmallows: You don’t have to use brand name, but some of the generic, store brands we have used are really sticky and a bit more difficult to handle. Fresh marshmallows either way are a must so you have the perfect, chewy treats.
- Don’t smash your bars: when mixing in your cereal, try to fold it in so that it doesn’t get too crushed up. Also, when putting your mixture into your pan, don’t press it too hard. If you do either of these things, your treats will be compact and hard.
- Grease it up: The marshmallows are really sticky. So, to make it easier to handle, make sure to really grease up anything they are going to be touching.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars
- 9×13 brownie pan
- large stock pot
- Measuring Cup
- 6 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- 4 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 bag Marshmallows
- Melt Butter on stove top with medium heat
- Add Marshmallows to melted butter and continue stirring until marshmallows and butter are both melted
- Mix Cinnamon Toast Crunch into marshmallow mixture
- Spread mix into 9×13 brownie pan
- Cool, Cut, and Serve